Winter is always a great time to break out the soul comforting dishes and this one is sure to please and warm you up!
What you will need:
5 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
4 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
I large rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
4 medium or 6 small beets, peeled and quartered
5 thyme sprigs
2 oz goat cheese
Olive oil, salt and pepper
1 cup balsamic vinegar
2 T honey
What you will do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Prep vegetables and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Arrange vegetables on a baking tray and add thyme sprigs. Once oven is preheated, roast for 40-60 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender.
4. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan reduce the vinegar and honey over medium low heat until a thick consistency.
5. When vegetables are cooked, remove from oven, remove thyme sprigs, toss with balsamic reduction and crumble goat cheese on top. Serve and enjoy!
Cheers and happy eating!