If you have read my blog you will know two things, as of late, 1. I am a new Mom and 2. I have been on a Korean food kick lately. Tonight, I made some Korean BBQ chicken thighs for dinner. This recipe is super easy and quick, two things this new Mom needs in order to cook and care for the little one, not to mention the majority of these ingredients are always in my cupboard.
What you will need:
Boneless chicken thighs (skinless if you want)
For the marinade:
1/2 c soy sauce
2-3 T sesame oil
2-3 T rice wine vinegar
2 T brown sugar
2 T honey
1 T gochu-jang
1 T toasted sesame seeds
2 green onions, finely chopped
1 inch knob ginger, grated
2 garlic cloves, grated
What you will do:
1. In a bowl, add all the ingredients (except chicken) for the marinade. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
2. In a plastic zip bag, add the chicken thighs and half the marinade. Reserve the other half of the marinade for later. Seal and let sit in refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
3. Heat a grill pan over medium high, when hot, add chicken thighs (skin side down first, if using skin on). Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until internal temperature is 180 degrees F.
4. Meanwhile, in a sauce pan heat the reserved marinade and let reduce to a sticky BBQ sauce.
5. When chicken is cooked, brush with BBQ sauce, or serve on the side for dipping. Garnish with green onion and serve immediately. Serve with rice or veggies.
Cheers and happy eating!